Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Endless bucket-lists.

Never in my life have I had soo many things on my plate. Never in my life have I procrastinated soo very much.. WHY? Why do we do that to ourselves? Why when it seems most needed to take care of lifes mundane to dos...we can only think of all we would rather be doing? Which, in my case, is mostly nothing.

Correction, I do do something. I make lists. Endless lists of things accomplished and those still left on the dreaded "To Do" side. (the later always seems longer). Once again this is not a proactive tactic. This is another one of my procrastination methods you see. I simply stare at the organized, color coded, highly comprehensive list for a moment, feeling some false sense of pride, place it with a bunch of papers in my purse and try to forget it doesn't sleep there at night staring into my soul, claiming my first born.

Even now, I stare at the clock knowing that if I dont simply get into the shower in the next five minutes, I will most likely be late for a hair appointment. Yet somehow starting and finishing a venting blog on myspace will make that ok. I DID SOMETHING!!!

Mean-while, I will stare grudgingly at the dishes that need to be put into the dishwasher, the bills I need to mail out and the mound of clothes in my room that doesn't get smaller no matter where I move it from day to day, Until finally I realize what I already know from years of childhood." Dont put off til tomorrow what you can do today." Not work, not relationships, not love. Life is better this way I am sure, but I will start living like that tomorrow.

No comments: